Friday, August 3, 2012

Oh Em Gee

If you try one recipe from this blog...

It has to be the Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin.  This was the holy grail of pork recipes.  It was moist and tender.  I was afraid of it being too sweet, but it wasn't.  Shockingly, I followed the recipe near exactly.  I was slightly heavy handed with the Cajun seasoning (Actually... I used Creole seasoning... say it with me "it's what I had on hand.")  The slight spice cutting through the sweetness was to die for.  I will make this over and over again.

I served with oven roasted garlic and herb red potatoes (from the farm market), oven roasted corn (throw the whole thing in the oven for an hour at 350... delish) and sauteed Italian eggplant with garlic, tomatoes and onion tossed in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  All in all an awesome meal.

Edited to add a photo:

 And a tip: Make any pan oven-proof by covering the plastic handles with foil!

No comments:

Post a Comment