Thursday, August 16, 2012

Freezer Menu and Recipes

It all began with a pin and a dream....

16 dinners and 3 lunches, recipes all found on Pinterest.

I am not sure how to import a spreadsheet, in fact I don't even have Excel on this computer.  I had written this out in a notebook (I am a notebook queen).  I am going to try to type in my chart as best I can.  The name of the recipe should be the link to the original recipe.  The # of Meals is how many meals I think I can get out of it for my small family of 2 adults and 1 toddler.  To be honest, my daughter and I hardly count as one adult.  Your "mileage" per meal may vary.  The container is what I am planning on putting it in.  More on that later.  Additional instructions is what I will label the container with (in addition to what it is!)

Recipe                         # of Meals             Containers            Additional Instructions

Baked Pasta with                  2                      Aluminum Pan         Do not thaw. Cook covered at
Chicken Sausage                                                                               400 for 90-105 minutes.
                                                                                                            Uncover and top with Fontina 
                                                                                                            & Parmesan cheese.  Bake 20-
                                                                                                            30 minutes till browned.

Taco Filling                             4                      Sm. Freezer Bag      For beef tacos, taco salad, 
                                                                                                             baked potatoes, Taco soup

Vegetable Chowder               2                      Plastic Container      

Vegetable Enchiladas            2                      Aluminum Pan         Do not thaw.  Cook covered @ 
                                                                                                             400 fir 90 minutes till heated
                                                                                                             through.  Bake uncovered for 
                                                                                                             15 to 20 minutes.

Roasted Tomato &                 3*                    Sm. Plastic 
Eggplant Soup                                                 Containers

Hamburger Gravy                2**                  Plastic Container      Serve over mashed potatoes

Shredded Chicken                 4                      Sm. Freezer Bags     See pin: 40 Shredded Chicken
Breasts                                                                                                dinners

*This recipe serves 6 and is right up my alley!  I figure it would make a perfect quick lunch for me.  That is why I am counting it as 3 lunches as opposed to 1/2 dinners.
**I am doubling this recipe in order to make 2 dinners.  It might end up being 3 though.

No comments:

Post a Comment