Friday, August 17, 2012

My Game Plan...

So I decided to spend a few minutes tonight....

making my game plan for tomorrow morning.  I am going to start by making my family these delicious looking Pancake Muffins with blueberries, because (say it with me) its what I have on hand.  Then I will start handing out chores (a lot on the "To do before Baby list") so I can get going in the kitchen.

Now we all know even the best made plans sometimes go awry so I am reminding myself to go with the flow.  I am trying to time these events in a way that makes sense, but won't confuse me (aka not too many recipes going on at once!)  I plan to do a lot of my prep work first and then zoom in on a recipe or two.  Hopefully I am not missing any steps!

The Game Plan

(I feel like we should be in a huddle!)

1.  Boil water for chicken breast.  Season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion.
2.  Slice thin 4 chicken breast.  Season with salt and pepper.  Throw on the George Foreman Grill.
3.  Boil 8 chicken breast.  Lower to a simmer and simmer for about an hour or until fully cooked.
4.  Begin chopping onions (3 + 1) <--- this is how I keep them separated for recipes.*
5.  Mince garlic. (4 + 6)*
6.  Mince jalapeno.*
7.  Dice bell pepper.*
*Watch chicken grilling.  Take off grill when cooked and allow to cool.
8.  Dice red onions.*
9.  Peel and dice potatoes.  Soak in water. (4 + all)*
10.  Snip and chop green beans.*
11. Peel and cut carrots.*
12. Core and quarter tomatoes.*
13. Cut eggplant in 3/4" chunks.*
14. Grate Jack Cheese.*
15. Cube 4 ounces fontina, grate 2 ounces.*
*Remove boiled chicken breast when cooked through.  Shred 2 at a time in stand mixer.  Bag.
16.  Boil salted water for pasta.
17. Boil water for potatoes.
18.  Preheat oven for 425.
19.  Make Baked Pasta with Chicken Sausage.  Allow to cool.
20.  Start boiling potatoes for mashed potatoes.
21.  Roast vegetables for tomato and eggplant soup.  Roast 45 minutes.
22.  Make mashed potatoes.  Allow to cool.
23.  Brown 2lbs of beef (for Hamburger Gravy.)
24.  Make taco filling.  Let cool.
25. Puree veggies for soup.  Let cool.
26.  Make hamburger gravy.  Let cool.

Take a break.  Send DH in for a quick clean.  Package food.

27. Baked Pasta with chicken sausage in aluminum trays with lids. (2 trays)
28.  Shredded chicken breast (2 breasts at a time) in quart size freezer bags (4 bags)
29.  Slice grilled chicken breast into strips.  Package 2 breasts worth of strips in quart size bags (4 bags).
30.  Mashed potatoes in 3 cup serving in quart size bags (no clue how many!)
31.  Tomato and eggplant soup in quart freezer bags (3 bags)
32.  Taco Filling in bags (1/2 in each bag, 4 bags)
33.  Hamburger gravy in bags (2 bags)

**Now I know I originally planned on using plastic containers, but I got such a great deal on freezer bags yesterday at Shoprite, that I couldn't warrant a trip to Country Clean.  I do now realize I am one tin short so a quick trip for hubs or me before this all gets going.

34.  Make Vegetable Chowder.  Let cool.
35.  Make Vegetable Enchiladas.  Do not cook.
36.  Package vegetable chowder in 2 bags.
37.  Package vegetable enchiladas in two tins.

24 meals (counting my thighs from today!) in 37 steps.  Wish me luck.  I will try to keep it updated as I go along!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted your site in the starter mom! love it!!!!

    http://lemoinefamilykitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete